My name is Ricky. I’m a writer from Sheffield, England. Welcome to my blog. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think.
After months of not knowing what to call the blog, I finally came up with Writing Me Up, which I feel reflects the aims of the blog:
- the need to write up the words that come to me;
- the way that writing lifts me up and raises my spirits – even when I’m stuck for words;
- how writing rightens my mind, which can wander into dark corners if it isn’t given something constuctive and creative to do.
Please have a look around. There’s lots to see. Try picking a month from the Archives, or choosing a Tag from the Tag Cloud, or one of the Categories. I do it myself, sometimes. It’s quite entertaining.
You can find me in other places, too.
On Twitter at https://twitter.com/araykay.
On Medium at https://medium.com/@rickyakay.
- "A word to the wise is infuriating."
- "I've sometimes thought of marrying – and then I've thought again."